Friday, March 27, 2009

LOVE'LL PAY THE RENT, BABY

Yesterday I got lots of good advice from you guys in comments and e-mails. And I appreciate it. It all made sense. Except for the dude who suggested I eat my neighbor's poop. Not completely the advice I was looking for, but I'll keep it in mind.

The suggestion that stood out most to me was Oceandoggy's, "Love'll pay the rent baby!! Spend as much time together as you can. Life is short and don't never forget it."

Partially because that's exactly what I wanted to hear. And because he was so confident about it in a sort of feck it all type of way and I tend to be a very feck it all type of person. Do you see how many exclamation points are in there? And also, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. And it really rang true. Because it's exactly what I wanted to hear. Did I mention I really love Oceandoggy's advice because it's exactly what I wanted to hear?

Life IS short. And having some extra money around would be nice mostly because we don't have any money, but it would be even nicer to have B around. Love WILL pay the rent. Or it won't, in which case we'll be moving in with Oceandoggy. You hear that, Oceandoggy? Get the guest room ready.

And Oceandoggy's advice is making me all atingle. It might be the exclamation points. I really respond to visual stimulation. It makes me want to drink red wine straight from the bottle and scream songs from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club.

B is staying here this summer. And there will be lots of drinking wine from the bottle and screaming songs from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club. And other things. And we will love it.

P.S. I think B might have been second guessing his decision this morning when he walked into the kitchen and I threatened to stab him. In my defense it was really early and we had been out late drinking beer and watching basketball.

P.P.S. I wasn't really going to stab him. All the really sharp knives were too far to reach without moving.

P.P.P.S. Not that proximity to knife would ever really be the reason I don't stab him. I kind of like him. Plus, I'd imagine that stabbing takes a lot of energy and I don't usually have the type of umph so early in the morning.

P.P.P.P.S. This is going to be the best summer, like, ever.

9 comments:

Hilary said...

Yay! I think this is the best plan ever. Yay for love winning!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Oceandoggy's comment definitely puts it all in perspective. The most important thing is to be together. Feck the money!

BillFoxeveryone said...

Come on now, you know you like poop.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that's the decision you guys came too- time apart sucks, especially if you can avoid it.

Yay!

rory said...

Ya know, on a dreary rainy day leading into a dreary rainy weekend leading into more dreary raininess that is the coolest, freshest, thing I've heard all day.
Good on ya!!! Drink and dance and sing baby!!
And hey, we gots guest rooms at Casa Oceandoggy. Bring B and Rooney and get iambossy and her husband and that horse she calls a dog and come on down to the island.
Now THAT would be a hoot.

Deidre said...

Blegh - I dont read your blog for two days and major decisions have been shared and made! Goodness gracious. Good decisions all around - time party like its 2009?

Maryanne said...

I would've made the same decision. I'm getting married in may and really have no $$ whatsoever, but I'm moving in with my fiancee this summer, living pretty much paycheck to paycheck. Everyone says we're crazy to not milk living at home longer but all I know is I want to spend as much time as possible with the man I love. You can still plan for the future while living for today :)

Maryanne said...

*Just clarifying, that would be NEXT may for my wedding.

Amanda said...

Yay - I'm so glad you guys get to spend the summer together! That's what I hoped the decision would be. : )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin