Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday's Song of the Week

You know how when I was introduced to Antoine Dodson and the Bed Intruder Song for the first second time, I just about shit my pants with ecstasy? I rolled around on the floor pushing play over and over and over and managed to work in quotes from that beautiful, black, bandana-ed man into every day conversations for months. I don't actually know if "work in" is the correct term for the way I interjected these quotes into conversations. Maybe something more along the lines of I "tourrettesed them in" would be more accurate.

B: Don't look. I'm hiding your Christmas present.
Me: HIDE YOUR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS, HIDE YOUR WIFE, AND HIDE YOUR HUSBAND CAUSE THEY RAPIN' ERRBODY OUT HERE.

..................

B: Do you know where I put my keys? Can you help me look?
Me: Where are you keys? WE LOOKIN' FOR YOU. WE GON' FIIIND YOU. WE GON' FIIIND YOU.

..................

Well, this New Year's Eve, while celebrating with my Very Good Friends in New York City, one of my best friends showed me a new video some time around 1 a.m. And you know what I did? I watched it another six times. Then we turned it up and had a dance party in the living room that lasted until about 4:30 in the morning. Oh us.

And just like Antoine Dodson brought new meaning to my life; new light to the darkness; a luscious mix of pleasure, pain, enlightenment and auto-tune genius, this Kansas woman -- who I'm going out on a limb here and just guessing has fricasseed that Kansas brain right on up with years of drug and/or alcohol abuse -- has blown my mind right on open. BLOWN IT RIGHT ON OPEN, YA'LL. I love this woman. She is you and you are me and we are all backin' up backin' up backin' up backin' up backin' up.

And I don't think I'll ever get it shut. I can't stop singing this song. I sing it in the shower. I sing it when I'm running. B and I sing it to each other as we get ready for bed. It just ... puts us in the mood. So now, I give you: BACKIN' UP.



Is this the best Song of the Week or is this the best Song of the Week EVER?

4 comments:

Emily said...

Totally mindblowing. I just introduced it to my coworkers. They owe me big time. Also - awesome quote.. you have inpsired me to introduce Dodson into my daily lingo as well. Cause i'm not some idiot from the praaahjects.

Emily said...

I meant awesome post... woops.

yellaphant said...

YOU CAN RUN AND TELL THAT HOMEBOY

rory said...

I love the homeless. Endlessly entertaining.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin