Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday's Song of the Week

A few years ago, MoJo and I were on a little road trip to Rhode Island that ended with an impromptu night out in NYC and may or may not have resulted in someone peeing on the side of I-95 outside of Philadelphia while the other was frantically checking the status for a flight that was supposed to have taken off approximately 10 minutes before. So ... you know ... the usual. And on that short trip, MoJo brought along a Horse Feathers album. We listened. And we liked.

I've been big into the Johnny Flynn Radio station on Pandora while sitting at my desk all day, and I've been pleased that Horse Feathers is given relatively heavy rotation on there because it's brought them back to me. And this song, "Curs in the Weeds," I find particularly beautiful. The gentle plucking of the strings is calming even on the busiest of days. And, ironically, "calm" had absolutely nothing to do with our trip.





1 comment:

Pepe Le Pew said...

Weird. After reading that post I suddenly have to pee.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin