Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday's Song of the Week

My summer concert series has been treating me pretty well so far, with the big kick off at last weekend's Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago.

It was approximately 120 degrees in the shade and we spent the majority of the day talking about how hot it was while walking back and forth between the stages and the beer stands. When the sun went down, we were still sweating, but that didn't stop us from dancing our way through the best acts of the day, Cut Copy and TV on the Radio. Supremely awesome.

Next on the agenda is the Newport Folk Festival and I'm getting giddy over the all star lineup. It's just ... I mean ... I don't even know where to start. One of the artists I'm most excited to see is man who I've been itching to see live for years and I'm bouncing from foot to foot that my day has finally come: Amos Lee. He's just so ... with that voice ... and really now ... sigh. Not to mention, he's a Philly boy and do I even need to get started on THAT?






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin