Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Updated: Wednesday's Song of the Week. On Tuesday. WTF, man?

Updated: Mother-FLIPPER I just spent the ENTIRE morning thinking it was Wednesday and it's only Tuesday. Talk about a slap in the face with a cold, wet rag. I mean, Christ, I know I'm not good at keeping track of my days of the week, but ouch, man. Ouch. Motherflippin' Tuesday.

There are so many things I love about this song. It's like an onion. You peel away one layer and there is an entirely new and equally intriguing song there underneath, but somehow it all flows together as a single musical breath. Like one season bleeding into another. And this week, it very much feels like summer is bleeding into fall. I have to bring a sweatshirt to the beach for the late afternoon. I pull a sweater over my head to walk the dog after dinner. The evening breeze that blows through my bedroom window gives me the chills as I pull the sheet over my freckled shoulders. This song is all of that and more. It is beautiful. With slight whiffs of Rufus Wainright and Jeff Buckley, while still remaining very Andrew Bird.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin