Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday's Song of the Week

I'm running the Philadelphia Marathon this weekend, and for this week's Song of the Week, I had wanted to do some kind of homage to the songs and artists that got me through the past four months of training, namely TV on the Radio, Nicki Minaj, and Lupe Fiasco. While I do use an iPod for my long runs while training, I never run races with headphones, but after Mojo sent me Rihanna's latest single, I considered making a marathon playlist with "We Found Love" on repeat for three and a half hours. Plus maybe an "Eye of the Tiger" in there for good measure. It's the Philly Marathon, people.



But then on the way to my Back on My Feet run this morning, "Streets of Philadelphia" came on the radio, so of course I have to use that for this week's pick 'o the week. It's a sign. This will be a great race. I will not shit my pants. I will not shit my pants. I will not shit my pants.

I always get a tad bit emotional whenever I go home to Philadelphia and this song just gets me all choked up. Gonna go out on a limb here and say this is one of my favorite songs of all time. Of all time. I cannot wait to go home. So here's to pounding pavement for 26.2 miles on the streets of Philadelphia.



1 comment:

Kater said...

I'll be cheering you on. PS - that Rhianna song is amazeballs.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin