Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Listen up

We all know PerezHilton is the place to go when looking for the most shamless dirty up to date celebrity gossip. So imagine my surprise when I was browsing the site someone sent me a link to the site yesterday, and I was greeted by the face of an old friend.

Matt Duke has been wowing us with his music since we were all little high school pups. Many good years were spent in coffee shops listening to Matt play, then making out under the flickering street lights with our backs pressed against parked cars. We helped each other grow up. Matt kick started my 16-year-old rock and roll heart, and launched me into my little I'm with the band period (I'm totally over that, I swear).

Now he's a friend who I'll always admire for chasing his dreams while we figured out what our dreams even were. Seven years later, he's recorded his second album with Ryko, and by the looks of it, still making hearts swoon.

Matt's newest album, Kingdom Underground, comes out in August, but you can sneak a peek at some of the new songs on his MySpace page. Congrats, Doc. Philly's cheering for you. And yes, we will always remember your white boy afro days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin