Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Let's Rocktober, betches

Those of you who live in Philadelphia know that as soon as October rolls around, something happens. Bands suddenly crawl out of wherever it is they came from, dust off the sand, rub their sleepy eyes, and get all HELLO PHILADELHPIA WE HAVE COME TO ROCK YOU.

And this Roctober is no exception. It seems like every day I hear about a band coming to town that I absolutely must go see because oh my gah they are so awesome and, like, hello, it's Roctober.

It is entirely possible to go to a different show every night of October. That. Would. Be. Intense. And clearly by entirely possible, I don't mean entirely possible for me because hello, empty wallet and playas please, girl's gotta sleep and enjoy some soothing chamomile tea while watching her stories in her sweatpants and maybe even have time for a bubble bath some time.

So I've narrowed it down a bit. Without further ado I hereby present to you the Yellaphant Roctober List of My Favorite Picks Because They Are Good And I Will Probably Be There and You Should Too 2008.

10/2 - Fleet Foxes at the Starlight Ballroom
10/3 - Chromeo at the Trocadero
10/9 - Girl Talk at the Starlight Ballroom
10/11 - Brazilian Girls at the Note
10/15 - Ra Ra Riot at Johnny Brenda's
10/18 - Umphrey's McGee at the Electric Factory
10/23 - Philadelphia Slick at the North Star Bar
10/31 - Of Montreal at the Electric Factory



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin