Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Surprise! It's an engagement party!

Saturday evening I walked into my apartment to find 30 people drinking beers and popping bottles of champagne and banging gongs and yelling things like SURPRISE. Now, I love when people are in my apartment drinking beers and popping bottles of champagne and banging gongs and yelling things, but these particular 30 people are my favorite 30 people in the world. Like, if I could choose 30 people to be stranded on a island with nothing to do but drink beers and pop bottles of champagne and bang gongs and yell things, it would be these 30 people. The rest of you people are kind of eh. You shouldn't feel bad about that though. I'm very judgmental.

Turns out, not only was B busy buying a ring and perfecting his proposal plans and buying me birthday presents and anniversary presents, but he was also planning a surprise engagement party with our best friends, all of whom live in different states. Seriously, oh my gah.

People came from far and wide to cram themselves into our apartment to behave the way we did in college do every time we're together. I'll give you a hint. It has something to do with all those empty bottles that are now sitting on my curb waiting to be picked up by the recycling truck. It also has something to do with the bar special that the bar was very sorry they had offered us in the end. And the whoopee cushions. And the temporary tattoos. And the streamers. And the wrist bands. And the freak hand. The freak hand definitely had something to do with it.


All of this, of course, was made possible by this man.

Because being engaged last week was pretty great and all, but it was missing something. Rather, I was missing something. Namely, these people. My people.

And B wanted these people too. Because it just doesn't look as sexy when I tear of his shirt like this.

Because when it comes down to it, when I'm old and all I do is sit around and talk about myself which really isn't much different than what I do now, actually I can't wait to tell my future children how utterly boozed their parents and all their friends were at their engagement party. And they'll be completely surprised won't be surprised at all because I just used their allowances to pay the booze delivery man because this is the future and in the future you can get booze delivered to your door. Just like pizza. And babies. The future's pretty far out.

So in the 10 days that I've been fianced, I've learned this: don't make nachos at 4 a.m. on the plate with the mouse poop B is pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good at being a fiance and also our friends are absolutely better than yours.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Bradford Pearson said...

Fox looks like he's about to boot in the first pic.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin