Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday's Song of the Week

Each year we go to Bonnaroo, B and I find one band, usually off on a side stage playing at some odd time of the day or night that blows our minds. This year it was two guys from Montreal who call themselves Chromeo.

At that point, we'd been fans of Chromeo for a while, but had never seen a live show. When we wandered over some time in the wee early morning hours, we were immediately sucked into some kind of alternate world dance party with lights and balloons and jumping and gaaah and wweeerrr and we were in love. I had never seen a Bonnaroo show with so much energy.

And maybe it was the drugs, but I was in heaven. I've scoured the Internet for almost a year searching for the ultimate Chromeo live at Bonnaroo video, but nothing comes close to giving that performance justice. What's wrong with these amatuerish videographers? Were they all on drugs. Obviously, yes. But this show will forever have a place in my live performance book as mind blowing.

Here's a teeny tiny little taste.



While I was working out lying on my back on my yoga mat yesterday, Chromeo's "Needy Girl" came on, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. So now I'm going to put it in yours too.



We can't make it to the 'Roo this year for the first time in many years, and I'm a little sad about it AND I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT. GAHD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chromeo's the ish! I'd been down for a while too, before I finally saw them at Lollapalooza last year. It was awesome. Get your funk on.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin