Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday's Song of the Week

I'll be the first to admit that when I heard this song when it was released last year, I was at first all yea, Grizzly Bear, I dig because gah knows I have such a soft spot in my heart for adorable little hipsters. And then after about a week I was all meh. But now "Two Weeks" has made itself back to my audio field via the crossover world of car commercials that I would, under normal circumstances, find utterly offensive were it not for the fact that it's Volkswagen and I had a slight obsession with VW when I was younger. While my grade school and high school contemporaries were swooning over things like BMWs and Porsches, that old, white Volkswagen Rabbit with the bent antenna that was always parked down the street from the house we rented down the shore would send my heart into an absolutel flutter every time I saw it.

So yeah. This song had disappeared into that cranial filing cabinet of Pretty Good But I'll Forget About It In a Week until just recently. And I must say, I'm enjoying it so much more the second time around. Also? That commercial is adorably hilars. Gets me every time.



2 comments:

Shelley Senai said...

Super cool song, I'll give you that. But I'm pretty sure that music video freaks me the %^$ out.

Suzanne said...

ha! i'm really warming up to them as well - i actually just blogged about a tv commercial featuring a song by them yesterday :)

and i love punch buggies!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin