Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday's Song of the Week

Please accept my humblest apologies for my Yella absence. I was home in Philadelphia for the week following the marathon and that quickly escalated into a happy little bender while I caught up with family and friends. By the end of the week I was so wine-ed out I barely knew how to spell my name or what to do with myself. So, naturally, I switched the beer and kept on keepin' on.

I have a lot to catch you up on. Like my final musings on the marathon. And my mini-vacation at home. And the coma I ate myself into on Thanksgiving. The most pressing update on my mind is the fact that B and I started watching "American Horror Story" and now I'm so afraid to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night that I turn on every single light I can reach on my way, refuse to look into the bathroom mirror, and won't even risk glancing down the stairs or out the window. This gets annoying when you have the bladder of an incontinent old woman like I do.

But I'll get in to all that later because it's Song of the Week Time, ya'll!!1! Which means I get one more day to phone it in and I'll take it.

I recently came across this old Nick Lowe classic and I am loving all over it. There's nothing that makes me want to dance around my house in my underwear while singing into a spatula quite like this song at the moment.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin