Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday's Song of the Week

I was introduced to the melodic sounds of the Bird and the Bee this past winter and fell almost instantly in love, as often happens with me, someone who falls in love almost every day.

When Mojo came to visit in March, we sang their "Love Letter to Japan" almost constantly. Being as she drove from the west (Pittsburgh) to the east (Philadelphia) to be near me, we could not think of a more perfect song to sing along to and drunkenly consider recording a homemade, self-choreographed music video to BECAUSE THIS SONG IS TOTALLY ABOUT US RIGHT NOW. RIGHT? RIGHT? And also we love making homemade, self-choreographed music videos because a few beers in and our maturity level rapidly disintegrates to that of a nine year old girl. Which I'm sure is difficult for many of you to imagine.

So naturally, this past weekend when Ju, CMo, and I flew to Pittsburgh, this song greeted us from car speakers when Mojo picked us up from the airport. And it has been stuck in my head ever since. And usually, the only way to remedy that is to listen to it over and over and over again, right? And this is the part where the girl in the office next to mine is all "turn that shit DOWN for CHRIST'S SAKE, don't you have shit to DO or something?" And I'm all "THE HELL? I told you not to TALK to me" and then she comes over and pulls the wires out of my speakers and I'm all "dude." This place is a fucking madhouse.





Now try and tell me you can listen to that sitting still.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin