Thursday, May 14, 2009

If you think pooping AT work is bad, what about pooping ON work?

Considering all the comments, e-mails, and re-tweets flying around about my post on pooping at work, it seems like it's a pretty hot topic. Even more interesting was the incredible amount of incoming Google searches that brought people here regarding the topic. My favorite being "so i pooped at work," which I totally expected to be followed with WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

People, I have news for you. Pooping in semi-public toilets is the least of our problems. Apparently someone has been pooping on our desks. According to a new study by Glamour Magazine conducted by an ACTUAL doctor, the typical office desk harbors around 400 times more bacteria than the average toilet seat. 400 TIMES. Which essentially means that even if we lick the toilet seat after pooping at work, it'd probably still be better than licking our keyboards, which after reading this, I will definitely stop doing. And now, I'm really left wondering what IS safe to lick at work. Who cares about swine flu when you've got poopie keyboards?

So when I Twittered this little fact yesterday, wondering if someone had actually been pooping on office desks, @parkview was all DUH. Like a boss.



Needless to say, I'm a little flustered. And it's a good thing celebrities don't ever have to sit at office desks, because I bet if they did, we'd see a whole new outbreak of poop desk gloves, which are kind of like swine flu masks, but for your hands.

3 comments:

Heather Nicole said...

What? No more keyboard licking?

lol, thats gross - im serioulsy going to put hand sanatizer on after typing this.

rory said...

Hmm. The office as a toilet. There's some symmetry there I'm thinkin'

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Dude, I thought talking about bodily functions like pooping was the norm. No wonder I have so few friends.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin