Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday's Song of the Week

When I went to visit Mojo last month, her dad, otherwise known as the the King of All Music Past and Present, had carefully compiled a perfectly crafted mix CD for our visit. This CD is chock full of amazing songs spanning the past 30 years or so, many of which I had never even heard of. It comes as no surprise, as this is the man that introduced us to the Damnwells, the Decemberists, and the Brazilian Girls many years ago, with a note attached that said we better damn well like 'em.

I'm never not in the mood to listen to this mix. It's kind of like when your high school boyfriend used to make you mixes and you spent all day every day listening to these CDs because oh my gah mom, like seriously, they are the soundtrack to our lurve what do you MEAN I'm grounded? STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE.

This particular song, Kingdom of Rust by Doves, has been playing on my local independent radio station for a few months as well as my mix CD, but I still love it. I've been a fan of the Doves for a while, but this song has launched them up quite a few steps in my favorites list in a single move. From my experience, this song best enjoyed played loudly, in your car, with the windows down.



5 comments:

Delora said...

I'd never heard of the Doves before, but totally dug that song. Thanks for sharing!

Bradford Pearson said...

I love Doves! What's on the rest of the mix?

Paul E. Johnson said...

love Doves...I did not know they had a new album out. this makes your blog worth reading now.

Conor said...

"From my experience, this song best enjoyed played loudly, in your car, with the windows down."

You say this about every song

yellaphant said...

WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin