Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday's Song of the Week

Back when I was a wee college girl, I would spend large chunks of my summers hanging out with a bunch of dreadlocked hippies -- when I wasn't delivering your mail, that is. We did all those things that fucking hippies did. Concerts. Festivals. Admire street art. Drum circles. You know. The usual.

One of the bands that we had seen at one of those festivals was the John Butler Trio. And let me tell you, there is nothing quite like sitting in the grass in the scorching heat with your head spinning because you're slightly dehydrated with a beer sweating in your hand while you watch a band perform songs that just feel like summer. Songs that are totally meant to be heard while you're sitting in the grass in the scorching heat with your head spinning because you're slightly dehydrated with a beer sweating in your hand. You know what I mean? In other words, we dug it. And the other day when I heard this new John Butler Trio song on the radio I was all "awwwwwwww, my hippie babies." It took me back, man. It took me back.





Miss you, my blonde hippie chick mama.


5 comments:

Falko said...

You know the Summer is almost over, right?

yellaphant said...

SHUT UP, FALKO! JUST SHUT UP. NAA NAAA NAAAAN NAAAA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

tatiana said...

I imagine you already know of this marvelousness, but I think you will enjoy it so so so much.

Warning: NSFW. Super upbeat about love lost, though.

tatiana said...

Hm, link would be good, huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV0XrbEwNc&feature=player_embedded

tatiana said...

You don't know the pride I take in being the first person to show that to you. Spreading the Cee Lo love.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin