Monday, May 16, 2011

Awkward conversations with strangers in the cafeteria

Man I've never met before, making polite conversation as we wait for the microwave: So, pretty bad weather out there, huh?

Me: Yeah it's gross. Nothing but rain for the next eight days too. I'm just hoping we get all this rain out of our system and then we'll have a beautiful summer.

Man: Come on, you know that's not gonna happen. This is New England. It's going to be wet and chilly, as always.

Me: DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME THAT. YOU TAKE THAT BACK. Oh my GAH I can't even stand the thought. I AM GOING TO MURDER SOMEONE.

Man: ...

Me: I ... like the beach.

Man: ... Well ... I REALLY hope you enjoy your lunch.


2 comments:

Becky Mochaface said...

Sounds like everyday normal conversation around here.

Bellacantare said...

You know you're going to run into him all the time now, right?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin