Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday's Song of the Week

Bon Iver's "Halocene" might just be one of my all-time favorite songs. Like, ever. When this song first flowed through my speakers I was floored. It just ... affected me. I had a moment. Not unlike the moments I have when eating cream donuts. Only better. As often happens, I didn't even know what to do with my emotions.

"And at once I knew I was not magnificent." Oh my gah it just gives me chills. I don't even know. And the video? Perfect. Just perfect.

Listening to Bon Iver's most recent album is like letting a silk sheet fall softly around your body. It just feels good. Whenever it is that I do decide to make babies, I fully plan on bringing them into the world while this song is playing. I don't even care if that means B will just have to stand next to me in the hospital room and hit* "repeat" for 12 hours. That will be his job and he will do it BECAUSE HE WILL OWE ME.

Why are these the first thoughts that enter my head when I hear this song? I don't know. Why do I forget to wear underwear and eat cheetos for dinner? We'll never know.


BON IVER "Holocene" from nabil elderkin on Vimeo.



*Author's Note: I totally had the word "push" here and had to strike it because it was freaking me out. Just ... I can't ... UGH. OH MY GOD I AM RUINING MY BON IVER MOMENT WITH GROSS BABY DELIVERY THOUGHTS. ACK. I'M SORRY. I RUIN EVERYTHING WITH POOP STORIES. What's that you say? This isn't about poop? Well let me tell you something that my sister-in-law the doctor just told me: IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT POOP. Oh my god I'm gonna puke. I think I'm having an anxiety attack right now. I'm gonna go put on some Bon Iver before I pass out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin