Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday's Song of the Week

My fellow music loving co-worker and I have been swapping discs recently and there are few things in this world that get me as excited as being handed some fresh new music. I told you already about a new love, First Aid Kit, and then came the new Jack White album, Blunderbuss (HOLY MOLY, YA'LL), but then yesterday I slid the new Dr. John album into my car stereo and WOAH.

Dr. John provides the perfect soundtrack for almost any time of day, but there are two points in particular when his funk really gets my heart racing, head nodding, and foot tapping: day drinking time and that point in the night when it's time to dim the lights and get weird. And you know what I love more than any other time of the day? Day drinking time and that point in the night when it's time to dim the lights and get weird. Who's up for a late night dance party?

So in honor of my favorite day drinking season quickly approaching -- #omgomgomgomgitscomingitscomingitsalmosthere -- today's song of the week is from Dr. John's newest album, Locked Down. Enjoooooooy.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin